CIVIL LITIGATION IN SINGAPORE
This book is an essential reference for civil litigation practice in Singapore. Prepared to unparalleled quality by a team of expert contributors, many of whom are senior counsel in leading law practices, it provides thorough, in-depth and well-researched guidance for the successful practice of civil litigation.
The book covers key topical areas of civil litigation practice as well as costs, alternative dispute resolution and the ethical duties of counsel. The commentary in this treatise, which is supported by regular citations of case authorities, applicable statutory provisions and relevant practice directions, contains a wealth of valuable experience to aid its user in navigating through the intricacies of civil practice. The application of the provisions of the Rules of Court is given careful treatment to ensure a firm appreciation of all the court procedures. One chapter is devoted to the specialised proceedings in the Singapore International Commercial Court.
To make this book a complete source of reference for the busy litigator, instructive checklists and useful sample documents have been included to complement the invaluable commentary, making it an indispensable repository of materials to support a progressive and successful civil litigation practice.
- Experienced and respected authorship with real-world experience.
- Completely up-to-date and covers all key areas encountered in today’s litigation practice.
- Provides a wealth of practical insights into civil litigation in Singapore.
- Contains detailed commentary and analysis of the Rules of Court.
- Offers a step-by-step examination and explanation of the processes involved in civil litigation in Singapore with checklists and sample documents.