DOCUMENTARY EVIDENCE 11th Edition (3ed older)
Documentary Evidence provides a comprehensive guide to the legal obligations of disclosure. It supplies a blend of detailed legal analysis and clear, practical advice, steering practitioners in chronological order through all the issues that may arise during a case, and showing them when and how to take action at each stage.
A standard work often cited in court, this new edition allows readers to interpret the rules in light of the most recent case law.
- Fully updated to cover the latest judicial interpretations of the Civil Procedure Rules
- Deals with disclosure at all stages of a case, from pre-action to witness statements and expert reports
- Advises on how to obtain, assess and manage the documents needed
- Discusses the practicalities of CPR disclosure
- Shows how to raise, and combat, the available defences to disclosure
- Sets out the rights of access to documents held by companies, trusts, partners, receivers and agents, as well as access to court documents
- Analyses the powers of regulatory or public bodies to obtain or disclose documents
- Explains what to do when disclosure obligations are not met
- Covers all aspects of privilege, including how to claim and waive it
- Discusses how to deal with international elements of a case, such as witnesses out of the jurisdiction or documentary orders against foreign entities
There are no reviews yet.