LAW AND PRACTICE OF FAMILY LAW IN MALAYSIA
This textbook provides practical insights and guidance from an experienced group of family law practitioners which will be invaluable in navigating the tumultuous waters of a family dispute. Contemporary challenges (ranging from the dissolution of marriage to conflicts of laws in matrimonial disputes in other jurisdictions in the civil courts) which face both practitioners and judges, are addressed by incisive analysis and commentary.
The recent Law Reform (Marriage and Divorce) (Amendment) Act 2017 is discussed in detail. This book also explores the Syariah Court system, providing an overview of Islamic law as it pertains to family matters, whether they are resolved in the Syariah Court or by alternative dispute resolution.
This book deals comprehensively with family law in Malaysia with particular emphasis on the Law Reform (Marriage and Divorce) Act 1976 with respect to non- Muslim marriage, divorce and ancillary reliefs. The practical approach taken by this book greatly helps both those who are new to family law in Malaysia as well as lawyers who would find the materials and references in this book a useful point of first reference.
- Contains a wealth of practical guidance on family law practice
- Panel of contributors consists of experienced family law practitioners
- Fully up-to-date with relevant statutory provisions
- Replete with invaluable leading local and foreign case authorities
- Illuminates the difficult areas of family law practice, including child abduction, unilateral conversion, and domestic violence