PRACTICE AND PROCEDURE OF MEDIATION
One of the first of its kind, this title, Practice and Procedure of Mediation is intended to expansively address both the practical and procedural aspects of mediation. Mediation is now a growing area of alternative dispute resolution (ADR) not only in Malaysia but also worldwide. The enactment of the Mediation Act 2012 (Act 749) and the issuance of the Chief Justice’s Practice Direction No. 4/2016 as well as Malaysia’s signing of the Singapore Mediation Convention 2019 are some examples of the growth of mediation in Malaysia over the last decade.
This book is a methodical and detailed handbook for understanding the ins and outs of the mediation process. Though written in the context of the local jurisdiction, it is a comprehensive guide for those interested in the mediation practice in any other landscape due to its mainly practical and non-legal approach.
- Written in a simple manner, making it easy even for the informed layman to follow.
- Comprehensive coverage of the substantive and procedural aspects of mediation law.
- Instructive explanation of the Mediation Act 2012 and related laws.
- Practical guide with detailed explanation on court-based, contractual and ad hoc mediations.
- Extensive use of flowcharts, diagrams and checklists for easy reference and guidance.
- Useful collection of templates, sample letters and documents.
- Supplemented by appendices containing various mediation rules.
The authors are experienced ADR practitioners, especially in mediation. Their collective knowledge and expertise in the field of Mediation is invaluable in making this title comprehensive, organised, and informative for readers with interest in dispute resolution.
This book serves as a Practical Handbook and is especially useful for mediators, legal practitioners, arbitrators, academicians, and students of ADR. It should also be an invaluable source of reference for individuals and organisations involved in ADR.