Todds’ Relationship Agreements
Todds’ Relationship Agreements brings together in one source comprehensive guidance on the law relating to all types of relationship agreement.
It covers cohabitation, prenuptial and postnuptial agreements, agreements in respect of children, “Edgar” agreements and marital settlements, setting out the current status of each one in English law and explaining what is and is not permissible within each agreement.
- Features a range of precedents supported by procedural checklists
- Gives detailed drafting advice, highlighting what should be included and what should not
- Details precisely how to decide if an agreement was unconscionable at the date of its inception, considering duress, undue influence, mistakes, inadequate Legal advice, etc.
- Suggests a framework for calculating fair figures to put in a pre-nuptial agreement and a methodology for determining these
- Looks at conflict of jurisdictions – the key Issue behind the landmark Radmacher case
- Examines the enforceability of these agreements against third parties, e.g. estates
- Details the tax considerations on entering such agreements
- Looks at the use of “fault” clauses in prenuptial agreements, e.g. different provisions in the case of adultery
- Includes summaries of the leading cases in this area