ADMINISTRATION OF ESTATES IN MALAYSIA: LAW AND PROCEDURE, SECOND EDITION
Administration of Estates in Malaysia: Law and Procedure, Second Edition is designed to provide a clear account of the theoretical and procedural framework relating to estates administration for both Muslims and non-Muslims in Malaysia. It focuses on the jurisdiction, scope and procedure for estates administration by the High Court, the Estate Distribution Section and the Public Trust Corporation (Amanah Raya Berhad), these being the three main administrative bodies responsible for estates administration in Malaysia. The procedures are visualised in the form of charts to illustrate the process flow of the administration process and sample forms are provided to serve as quick references of the process.
Discussion includes the execution of trust and wills which has the effect of determining the jurisdiction of the administrative bodies. This book also highlights the execution of wassiyyah and hibah and provides a comparison between the concepts of charge under the National Land Code 1965 with the concept of al-Rahn in Islam.
- more coverage of practical issues relating to administration, including the specific handling of movable and immovable estate, the proof of death, the settlement of funeral expenses and debt
- more detailed treatment on the execution and validity of wills
- detailed coverage of the appointment of executor and administrator
- practical guidance on the application for probate and for letters of administration
- some coverage of the practice of the administrative bodies in Sabah and Sarawak
- updated references to the Rules of Court 2012