Commercial Contracts: A Practical Guide to Standard Terms, Fifth Edition provides useful background and detailed advice on the law surrounding a wide range of commercial agreements including Key common clauses; When to use standard terms; Procedures and good practice; Termination of contracts; Remedies for breach; Specific issues relating to export, software and consumer contracts. It also contains valuable precedents, including expert guidance on Business-to-Business and Business-to-Consumer agreements, providing users with an excellent tool for drafting commercial contracts.
Key changes for the new 5th edition include coverage and analysis of:
- important case law as to when terms are unfair or unreasonable, notably the first Supreme Court ruling on the fairness test in ParkingEye Ltd v Beavis
- Changes in the regulation of consumer credit since regulation passed to the Financial Conduct Authority
- Fresh court guidance as to when terms have been incorporated into a contract
- Rulings on the rules as to the enforceable of onerous terms
- The Consumer Rights Act 2015
- The effect of the Data Protection Act 2018 and GDPR
- Brexit and the transitional period
- The new 2019 EU Regulation on privacy
- Replacement of the PECR regulations by the new EU Directive on trade secrets and UK implementation
Commercial Contracts: A Practical Guide to Standard Terms, Fifth Edition is an essential resource for commercial contract drafters helping them to prepare water-tight legal agreements and ensure that they are completely clear on what a business must do to stay on the right side of the law.