CIVIL COSTS FIFTH EDITION ( IN GOOD CONDITION )
Civil Costs provides a thorough and authoritative survey of the costs regime under the Civil Procedure Rules, helping practitioners understand the technicalities of the law.
It deals with all areas of civil costs, from the basic principles of entitlement to the practical details of how costs – both contentious and non-contentious – are actually assessed.
- Clarifies the many areas of uncertainty so that points of law and procedures are fully understood
- Explains all the new costs legislation and rules implementing the Jackson reforms of civil litigation funding
- Considers the overhaul of the Conditional Fee Agreements regime and the implications in libel, personal injury and other areas
- Covers appeals against the summary and detailed assessment of costs
- Examines wasted costs sanctions and the court’s inherent jurisdiction
- Includes chapters on costs in arbitration proceedings, proceedings before the Court of Protection and before other tribunals
- Looks at the recovery of costs and the charging of interest on the unpaid amount
- Includes coverage of the award and assessment of costs in proceedings before the Supreme Court and European Court of Justice