Format: Soft cover
The Employment Act 1955 is a crucial governing legislation to matters involving employment law in Malaysia. In 2022, there were several amendments gazetted via the Employment (Amendment) Act 2022 (Act A1651) and Employment (Amendment of First Schedule) Order 2022 (PU(A) 262/2022) that modernised and widened the protection accorded to persons employed in Malaysia. These amendments will be coming into force on 1 January 2023.
The Malaysian Employment Act 1955 Handbook is designed to provide persons in Human Resources, and Employment Law sectors with a concise and comprehensive reference to all the recent amendments to the Employment Act 1955. This handbook equips readers with a complete guide to the new provisions for quick and easy implementation in compliance with the law.
This handbook comprises:
Key changes, including minimum wage, flexible working arrangements, maternity and paternity leave, foreign employees, and promoting a respectful workplace are addressed in a practical manner, succinctly presented in simple and plain language to cater to readers from all industries.
Employment Act 1955 [Act 265] (Incorporated with amendments from Employment (Amendment) Act 2022 (Act A1651) and Employment (Amendment of First Schedule) Order 2022 (PU(A) 262/2022) – to be in force on 1 January 2023)
Key Changes in Employment Act 1955
1. Who Does the Employment Act 1955 apply to?
2. Employment Act 1955: Pre-Amendment vs Post-Amendment
– Computation of wages for an incomplete month
– Paid maternity leave
– Termination of employment due to pregnancy
– Paternity leave
– Sick leave
– Working hours & overtime benefits
– Employment of foreign employees
– Flexible working arrangement
– Discrimination in employment
– Notice on sexual harassment
– Power of the court to order payment due to employee
– Forced labour
– Increased fine
– Presumption of employment
3. Frequently Asked Questions