Exclusion Clauses and Unfair Contract Terms 12th ed
Exclusion Clauses and Unfair Contract Terms 12th ed examines, in a straightforward and practical manner, this integral area of contract law and provides guidance to the practitioner on drafting and using exclusion clauses effectively within the formative phase of a contract.
Additionally, this esteemed work offers key commentary on the means and method of successfully challenging an exclusion clause when seeking to disentangle a client from an agreement which may have proved onerous post that agreement coming into force and for which they are seeking a remedy.
- Considers the ways in which exclusion clauses are controlled by the judiciary and regulated by legislation
- Examines unlawful, void and ineffective exclusion clauses
- Explains in a straightforward and practical manner how to draft exclusion clauses that are lawful, valid and effective
- Includes sample exclusion clauses illustrating the points made and providing templates for practitioners
- Deals with exclusion clauses and unfair contract terms in the context of both commercial and consumer contracts
- Provides wholesale review of the case law decided in the last three years and coverage of key decisions
- Analyses the courts’ interpretation of the meaning of ‘written standard terms’ under the Unfair Contract Terms Act
- Discusses how the courts are moving to the concept of ‘allocation of risk’ when it comes to interpreting exclusion clauses.
- Considers in detail the impact of the Consumer Rights Act 2015 as amended by the Consumer Rights (Enforcement and Amendments) Order 2016 on the Unfair Contract Terms Act
There are no reviews yet.