Lightman & Moss: Law of Administrators and Receivers of Companies 6th ed
Lightman & Moss: The Law of Administrators and Receivers of Companies is known as the authority on the law relating to administrators and receivers. It is considered a must have for any practitioner dealing with corporate insolvency matters.
This new edition offers clear guidance on the procedures involved in the duties, liabilities and appointments of receivers and administrators. As well as discussing the issues surrounding trading, disposals, reorganisation, liquidation and receivership.
To ensure you have all the information you need in one reliable source, this edition offers a complete guide to every aspect on this complex area of law.
New to the 6th Edition
- Relevant case law has been considered, reflected and worked into each chapter to demonstrate how the law affects each sector
- Provides comprehensive coverage of the new Insolvency (England & Wales) Rules 2016
- Takes into account the amendments to the Insolvency Act 1986, in force since April 6, 2017
- Incorporates the changes to the EU Insolvency Regulation that become applicable from June 2017 onwards
- Explains clearly the principles, legislation and case law shaping receivership and administration practice and highlights recent developments in corporate insolvency
- Provides authoritative and practical guide to the law relating to administrators and receivers of companies
- Gives guidance to help clarify areas of uncertainty and makes technical issues understandable
- Goes through procedure for appointment of receivers and administrators
- Deals with continuation of trading, disposals, and reorganisation, liquidation and receivership
- Considers issues relating to taxation, leases, set-off and liens, pensions and employees
- Covers the position of bankers and creditors
- Addresses the removal, resignation, termination and discharge of directors.